Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What a busy day. I began tutoring my new ESL student today.It went pretty well. My student learned and I was pleased with my lesson plan. I have never prepared a real lesson plan before, unless you count the one I did for my training class. This was much more in depth than the class requirement I think. So hopefully, that much better for my student. 
The afternoon was taken up by the gym, and after I dragged my dripping carcass home I fought with the USAJobs Web site. Well, that's not entirely true. It was more of a fight with my broadband. It seems that whenever I am in the middle of a job application I lose Internet service. Well today, I didn't just get the infamous service is limited yellow triangle of death. Oh no, I completely lost the Web page. I was on question 34 of 37 away from being done. Just when I think, "Maybe I'll kick this laptop across the room," I look up and see a liquor store ad on television. "Is this a sign?" I ask myself. Absolutely not. I take a deep breath, ignore the suggestion that I give up for today and drown my sorrows in a tasty bottle of red and restart my computer. My Internet is mysteriously all better now, and I proceed without further trouble, although I hurry, in case it should happen again. 
So the highlight of my day was tutoring and the gym. So what if it went downhill from there? Sometimes staying out of the bell jar is a matter of not ceasing to move forward whatever you may be doing. I can say I did that today, and my laptop is still in one piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here