Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome to the beginning

Hi and welcome to my Bliss Bubble. This has been a challenging year so far and it's only March. In January I was laid off and in February my wedding was postponed. Talk about an emotionally charged time. I could say emotionally crushing time but I won't. 
When disappointments, or seemingly awful things happen it's easy to fall apart. And, it's OK to fall apart for a couple of days. You owe it to yourself. An emotional bomb is like a cold. It can take you down, so treat it that way: with rest, some good food if that's what you want and some couch time. Things do fall apart, but staying apart or broken is no way to live. After a reasonable amount of time (depends on the bomb) you've got to get up again. 
This blog is about doing just that. Everyday I am trying to do things that make me feel happy while I search for a new career and wait to marry the man of my dreams. Because just waiting is not an option. 
So what makes me happy? So so many things. So lets begin ...
In the above image, I'm standing in front of The White House in D.C. I went there for two days with my fiancĂ© (who is taking the picture). I enjoy travel, historic places and the company of my fiancĂ©, Ernest. 
The weather was fine, if a little sprinkley, but it didn't bother us. We had a great meal at Thai Tanic, just around the corner from our hotel, The District Hotel
The District has small, cozy rooms and beds that look like giant marshmallows and are just as comfy (I would imagine). Location is the District's greatest feature.
From our hotel, we were in walking distance to all the monuments and museums. (Tip: Book the District through a travel site like Orbitz for a lower rate than those found on the hotel's Web site). 
The Lincoln Monument was most moving for me as was standing where Martin Luther King Jr. stood. These two men have affected more people than we can even fathom. 
Thank you for visiting my Bliss Bubble. I ran a little long today but in future will aim to keep it shorter. Come back soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here