Monday, March 22, 2010

Marshmallow bed inspired by The District Hotel

Here is what I promised yesterday: The marshmallow bed, recreated because there is something so nice about hotel beds. I built the head board and my fiancĂ© and I created the canopy from bamboo and soft muslin. Nothing beats down feather pillows and white linens for a lux feel. I look forward to bed and hate to get out in the morning. Now if I could just figure out what to do with the rest of the room. Well, keeping myself busy with these projects is nice. I always find doing things with my hands, having a creative outlet is vital to my happiness. Bye the way, I did sew the pillow linens on the long neck roll pillow and the two square European pillows. Now, I'm off for a snooze zzz
Not sure what you'll see here tomorrow. The rainy spring weather is less than inspirational at the moment, though it does remind me that sometimes, while it seems nothing is going on on the surface, there is much going on behind the scenes or in spring's case below the topsoil. Let's hope that is the case with life as well. There's something to think about. 
It's comforting really to consider that things are at work in other places at other times that may take my life, your life, anyone's life in a direction we don't expect but may give us great joy in the future. Something to hope for, yes? See you tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here