Tuesday, March 23, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things ... when the dog bites, when the bee stings

No projects in the works today, but in an effort to keep the momentum going, I thought I would list a few of my favorite things. Maybe some of these are favorites of yours or are things you may try for yourself. Enjoy.
I love taking pictures. To the right is a little diddy from my iphone, first processed through the "Old Camera" app and then "Shake It," which lets you process pictures like an old Polaroid. And speaking of old cameras, I have a growing collection. I have a couple of Twin Lens Medium Format cameras, one of which says "Made in the USSR." Hows that for history? It still makes great photos. I got it on eBay for a song from a guy in Ukraine.
My latest addition is is a Kodak Brownie Holiday, which I've used but have yet to get the film developed. Really looking forward to that. Love bringing life to an old camera that thinks its picture taking days are over. 
Books I'm reading at the moment: Brava, Valentine, it's the second in a trilogy by Adriana Trigiani. Also, Born to Run  by Christopher McDougall. The first is a romantic comedy set in Italian-American and Italian culture. It's rich in cooking and shoe crafting descriptions, and is a fun read for 30-somethings. The latter is about an amazing group of people in Mexico that are beyond terrific runners. I'm not doing a book review here so we'll move on. A favorite I've read twice  is The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver.
Now a few favorite movies: Charade, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Amelie, Chocolate,  The Women (the original version), Space Balls. I'll stop there or the list may never end. 
While this is not the most inspired post, it's sort of like writing, you need to do it every day whether you are on or off that day in order to call yourself a writer. Hopefully, you found a couple of interesting things here today or had a feeling of "I can relate to that," at some point. 
In the meantime, I've ordered felting needles and a needle felting pad from Amazon. This will arrive soon and I'll be learning a new crafting skill to share with you. For an idea of what this is click here and watch the video. Anyone working at Jo Ann Fabrics should do so as they had no idea what a felting needle was when I stopped by my nearest location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here