Monday, March 29, 2010

We seem to be back on track

Greetings again. It seems my art is back in place even if the spacing is a bit odd looking. Here in the northeast we've been blessed with yet another gray day. However, I've been so busy I'm only now just noticing it. But after three days, I must admit it is getting to me.

"What have I been busy with?" you may ask. Well, over the weekend I carried on with my felting project and created this no-sew felted bag. The felting work was fun but the grommets gave me some trouble. They just refused to sit properly. But overall, I am happy with the bag, and the pocket is really cute. Not sure how well the color is represented here but it's Kelly green and deep eggplant purple.
Today I've been working on a lesson plan for my new ESL student. I've tutored casually in the past, but formal tutoring and lesson plans are a new experience. I've been out of school for a few years now, but once I got into the planning, it felt pretty good to be doing this type of work.
I took a course through Literacy Volunteers of America and ProAction last fall and have been anxiously waiting for a student. I highly recommend this sort of volunteering to anyone looking to give back to their community. Well have a great day, and do something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here