Saturday, April 3, 2010

New addition to the free for all this blog is becoming

I'm participating in a poetry challenge through Writer's Digest. This fellow writes a prompt each day of April and we write poems from it. My aim is to write as quickly as possible whatever comes first to my mind. I won't promise masterpieces, but I'll share them here as the blog the fellow is running is overwhelmed with traffic and I can't post there.

April 1 prompt was "One is the loneliest number," and here's the poem

waking
again
your side
of the bed
is empty

April 2 prompt was "water," and here it is

Poured from a well-worn copper vessel
water glows golden in the morning sun
 and pats down the dust  in front of my door

April 3 prompt is "Partly (fill in the blank)," and here it is

Partly worn

dirty, second-day updo
racoon eyes hidden behind sunglasses
she attempts to return the gown
the tags are still on obviously it's not worn she argues
the sent of perfume and deodorant wafting from the dress begs to differ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here