Monday, April 5, 2010

Manic Monday

Is that possible for an unemployed person? Apparently, as I'm just now getting to this blog entry. I spent a good chunk of the day preparing a lesson plan for tomorrow's tutoring session. I spent time on job applications. But I suppose the highlight of my day was continuing my running experiment.
Today was day three of running in Crocs, the goofy looking sandals people love to hate. My entire trip was just over two miles and I ran a total 1.83 miles. As a non-runner, I'm pretty pleased with myself. Today's run was on asphalt. My first Croc run was on a trail, the second on a treadmill. My cantankerous ankle had no trouble on these surfaces. I was a bit nervous about concrete, but the Crocs did well. I felt OK during with just a smidge of shin pain on the bad ankle leg. The ankle felt 99.9 perfect. Afterwards, I'd give it a 98. Now that I've run on all surfaces, I'm going to give Crocs two thumbs up for running, but that's just what works for me. I think my next move in this experiment is a smaller size shoe and try to increase my mileage. I don't really care about my pace yet. But I won't be sharing that here because I'm pretty sure there's a short shelf-life for this subject unless you're into running.
Today's poetry prompt was 'TMI" as in too much information poem. Honestly, I could just take the above paragraph and put it in stanzas and there you go. But I'm not going to do that to you. Nite. And thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here