The Internet is a strange beast. It can lull you into a false sense of safety with it's seeming anonymity and vastness. You may think to yourself, who's going to read what I write or say on YouTube so I'll bare my soul or trash my coworkers.
I've never done the latter, but last week was a bad week for me and I put up a post that was less than positive. A good friend of mine asked, "Can anyone read this?" I responded, "They can but they don't." That is because it's easy to feel invisible on the Net or indeed in the world. Truth is, I have no idea who is reading what I write. So after I thought about her question, I decided to pull the post. When it comes down to it, even if no one ever reads a word I write, I still want what I put out into the universe to be positive not negative. So I took a week off. I was in the bell jar. I may still be, but I'm not going to lay down and die.
If you are reading this and you don't know me from Eve I'm not going to divulge details but just say I'm facing at least two of life's great universal challenges at the moment and created this blog as a way to keep my head above water. Some days it works, some days I disappear for a week. Sometimes I include photographs. Other days, nothing inspires me.
If you've been following then you know I've been trying to become a runner. Another lifelong dream of mine that also has the benefit of making me feel happy when I do it. I reached a pretty nifty milestone the other day: 3.2 miles doing a run/walk. I did a full mile first in 11 minutes which is not bad for a beginner with asthma and a bum ankle. Then I continued at a slower pace walking and running but mostly running until I did more than 3 miles. I find the ankle and shin do much better when I wear the skimpiest shoes I own (see earlier posts about book Born to Run and my Crocs experiment). I hope to run a 5K sometime this year. Haven't got one picked out yet. I usually let my asthma dictate my training. But since a 5K is 3.11 miles that means I did my first practice 5K Monday April 19 in 40.12. My goal is to do it in 30 then I will sign up for a 5K. Hold me to it you invisible billions.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave comment here