Monday, April 26, 2010

Giving a bee a ride

In our town spring has sprung. All of the flowering trees are in full bloom already. On Saturday, I was coming out of the library when I noticed that a bee had developed a relationship with my driver's side mirror. In spite of the blooming buds close by he only had eyes for the mirror. "Go get into the trees," said I, as I opened my door. No, he wasn't having any of it. This bee wanted in the truck. "You're not coming with me," I told the bee and scooted into the truck and waved him out.
As I started to back out and head to the market the stubborn bee held on to the mirror. He looked so awkward, I was sure he'd blow away. But no, he shifted into the wind and hunkered down on top. As I headed up the main street, I swear the bee looked like he was having fun, with his antenna whipping back into the wind. I could imagine his little bee face smiling and his bzz going wheee instead of bzzz. I tried to avoid red lights so my little friend could enjoy his speed nonstop.
Once at the market, I chose the side of the parking lot that had even more beautiful trees than the library. The bee seemed to rest for a moment before heading off into the blossoms. I guess he had some marketing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here