We had frost this morning and cold and rain and gray. It's like winter is coming instead of summer, which is weird when you consider I was just doing yoga on my deck last week. Today I turned the heat on again. Second day on the new job was better than the first. I went in earlier and got out earlier so I went straight to the gym. After yesterday's good run I was sore in ankles but decided to run today, too. That may have been an error in judgement. I went back to a more supportive shoe because of slight discomfort instead of resting, now I have enough pain that I don't think I should run for the next 3 days at least, but I'll want to run and may do it anyway. No, perhaps I won't. Running makes me happy and I don't want to spoil it with a setback.
Here's a poem in parting. Night all.
Water bearer
In the sun and in the rain
in joy and in pain
excitement, fear and anger too
tears well up
there's little I can do
they come at their own bidding
morning, noon and night: running,
talking to a stranger, debating politics,
ordering a coffee, buying an artichoke
not sleep nor medicine nor sheer force of will
has been able
to keep them still
heat of embarrassment creeps up my face
as I continue whatever conversation is taking place
Trying to ignore I look like a four-alarm-fire
while my voice appears even, detached and in command
What oh what is this gremlin that pours water out of my eyes?
Is there a name for she who weeps?
And can I send her back to whatever deep well she sprang from?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave comment here