Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm back ... to work that is

Thrilled to be working again. Thank God! Being laid off is no vacation at the beach. Ah that would have been nice though. My first day was interesting enough that the time passed quickly and I still had energy for errands, dinner cooking and trip to the gym.
I had a lot to think about so my run was even easier than usual. I ran two straight miles without a walk break for the first time and did my 5K in 40.30 which is down from 47.0 (it's been gradually coming down). I'm still slow by racing standards, but I'm improving and that's the main thing. Then I enjoyed another 40 minutes of yoga, sit ups and push ups at home. Feel good and tired but refreshed now. I love running, even if I'm pokey. One thing I've noticed though, (and I'm not saying I wasn't wondering if my salt intake was too high), the thing I've noticed is that one could harvest the salt off my body after I cool down and the sweat dries. I'm powdery with it. I mean I've been checked out, my health is good. I'm just really salty. I wonder if that's bad?
Completely off the topic wanted to take a moment to recommend the film, Amelie. I played it again the other day (it's been a year at least) and it always makes me feel wonder and joy. Rent it and see if you don't agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here