Thursday, May 6, 2010

Beautiful Day

What a gorgeous day it has been. I spoke with my favorite person this morning then dashed off to yoga where I achieved for the first time the crow position. I only held it for a few seconds but I am very proud of my little victory. In the afternoon, after lunch, I went running and then home to finish up some cool down exercises. All this exercise just makes my mind feel so clear and happy. But I'll tell you something makes me happy. Yours truly has obtained a new job. My new title is Public Relations Coordinator/ Library Assistant, at least for the next 3 months. It's a contract position for the summer but has potential. I'm thrilled because I've wanted to work in our library for some time now and feel so happy to have my foot in the door. Yippy!
During the four months that I was laid off I went through many emotions. I had other challenges going on as well, some continue, but the main thing I guess is the practice I received in coping. The gym and friends are a God send. The time to think and contemplate is good in moderation. Even so, I won't say this was fun and I hope I don't have to face it ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here