Saturday, May 22, 2010

One of the best days of my life

Had such a nice day today. Made better by the fact that I worked all week and felt I had earned my lovely Saturday. The only thing to make it better would have been the presence of one person; you know who you are. 
Got up around 9 with plans for housework. I soon discovered, however, that it was so absolutely perfect and lovely out that staying in to do housework would have been morally wrong. I cut up a mango and strawberries, made coffee and ate on the deck. I lingered for as long as possible before going to the library where I had a fantastic book of Pablo Neruda poems waiting for me. This book I took to one of my favorite cafes and had a latte and read steamy love poetry while the sun warmed me and the wind blew my skirt around. 
While energized by coffee and beautiful words I only had to cross the street to be at my gym. I'm a slow runner but had a personal best today. I did my 5K in 40.25. Soon I hope I'll break 40 minutes and be closer to my 30 minute goal. 
On the way home stopped at the nursery near my house and saw these roses. This one is called hot cocoa. I made a note of that for future reference. 
It was a simple day but absolutely wonderful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comment here